Thanks to your city leaders, local Safe Routes to School organizations and our local safety advocates, nearly 200m of McClellan Road that had no southside sidewalks are being upgraded. This important improvement will make this very busy and treacherous stretch of road safer for those students walking to and from Monta Vista High, Lincoln Elementary and Kennedy Middle school. Neighborhood residents will also benefit as the route connects neighborhoods with McClellan Ranch and the schools. Walk-Bike Cupertino looks forward to the project’s completion and the additional Cupertino projects to make the city a “Safe and Easy to Walk and Bike!“. Here are some before and in-process pictures of the project.
- Maintaining my Independence as a 79-year Old Senior February 3, 2024
- California’s Daylighting Bill (AB 413) Enhances Crosswalk Safety February 3, 2024
- WBC Board Review of State Assembly District 26 Candidates February 3, 2024
- Bike-Ped Commission proposes three priorities for 2024-25 City Work Program February 3, 2024
- St. Joseph’s Hill Preserve: All Trails Dog-friendly with Magnificent Views January 29, 2024