Below are articles and press releases that relate to the positive impact of trails on communities: Safety, healthy living and increased property values. We will continue to build the library of interesting articles that support the case. Locally, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office has found no incidents of crime in a number of different areas in Cupertino where off-street trails exist: Scenic Circle entrance to Blackberry Farms, the bike trails in and out of Creekside Park, and Orogrande/Stelling road. We hope that you will find the articles useful and informative.
Property Values/Desirability Effects of Bike Paths (June 2006) University of Delaware
- Bike Lanes and Housing Prices (2013) University of British Columbia
- Why Bike Lanes Make Your Property Prices Skyrocket (2017 ) IceBike Price Comparison
- Study: Bike Lanes Raise Property Values in Brooklyn (July 15, 2017) Planetizen
- New bike lanes are making millennials feel more at home in the suburbs (07.21.17) MarketWatch
- The Impact of Converting Street Parking Into Bike Lanes Has on Businesses (03.13.15) (CityLab)
- Property Value/Desirability Effects of Bike Paths Adjacent to Residential Areas (11.2006) Delaware Department of Transportation