Below are my notes from last week’s Bike/Ped Commission meeting. While they are not detailed minutes, they will give you an idea of the scope of projects and issues currently being addressed by the city. Thanks, Bryon
- Cherie Walkowaik has taken Chelsea’s job. Her number is 408 777-7609and email@example.com
- McClellan Claiss IV is under contract from Imperial to Stelling Road. Expected 10/8 start and 95 days to completion. Commissioners want lots of publicity to schools. David said traffic plan still being worked, but electric signs will be out beforehand.
- Regnart Trail implementation has started. The city is attempting to work with the property owners on their privacy and security issues. A contract RFP for engineering design and environmental study Is due out soon. News from David is that SC Water will not allow fence on top of bank between trail and trench due to maintenance concerns.
- Junipero Sierra trail feasibility study draft is due in the next few weeks. Then it is off to council this year for approval. No contentiousness is expected.
- Stevens Creek Wolf to Tantau engineering design is being done now.
- Carmen bridge—finalizing engineering feasibility study contract now. No consideration of going under the bridge at the bottom of the hill.
- TIme was spent discussing bike and ped crossing at Calle de Barcelona at Finch. No action at this time.
- Also need for more bike racks has been brought up.
- Cherie discussed Fall Fest on 10/27. Chelsea left good notes and she’ll follow that plan. Cycle rides were discussed and settled on 10.62 mile ride and 6.32 short ride.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10